Introverted Intuition (NI)
INTJ – INFJ
Those “aha’ moments. The unconscious mind processes the data. Later, while in the shower, or jogging, the answer just pops into your mind. This is exercising the Ni function.
What to know about those that are hard-wired for Introverted Intuition
- Synthesizes information, seeking to extract the deeper or ultimate meaning
- Identifies what is significant
- Generally works to understand things in the most complete way, grasping the gestalt
- Often knows what is needed or should be done before others start to contemplate the ideas
- Uses abstract symbols to explain
- May be unaware of physical surroundings, seemingly unaffected by temperature, aesthetics, etc.
- If inflated, may not know when to stop pursuing a concept to its ultimate limit. Therefore, never execute to plan or idea
What to know about training or educating those that are Introverted Intuition
- Seek out different points of view
- Often will synthesize information and provide a definitive summative assessment
- Maybe heedless of physical surroundings, seemingly unaffected by temperature, aesthetics, etc.
- Can be completely unaware of their surroundings or environment
- Bored with the details & prefer the big picture
Famous NI Types
- Isaac Newton (INTJ) – Physicist
- Friedrich Nietzsche (INTJ) – Philosopher
- Arnold Schwarzenegger (INTJ) – US Gov. & Actor
- James Cameron (INTJ) – Film Maker
- Carl Jung (INFJ) – Psychologist & father of Type
- Mahatma Gandhi (INFJ) – Peace Campaigner
- Thomas Jefferson (INFJ) – US Pres. & Author of the Declaration of Independence
- George Harrison (INFJ) – Musician
More From Michele
Playtime? Seriously, for adults? Isn’t that being lazy? Isn’t that for the retired or for kids? Studies show that having regular segments of playtime can have a strong positive contribution to our mental health. Especially, nonconstructive playtime. What is meant by...
Watch this video of my horse relaxing his head when I use a relaxation technique of deep cleansing exhalation. A horse will lower their head when they feel relaxed. Was I successful? Many of you that follow me know that one of the ways I “fill my soul” is...
With Valentine’s day approaching, I thought it would be timely to revisit Personality Types as they relate to relationships. The most common question I have received in all the years doing workshops and coaching on Personality Type and Emotional Intelligence in the...