Introverted Intuition (NI)
INTJ – INFJ
Those “aha’ moments. The unconscious mind processes the data. Later, while in the shower, or jogging, the answer just pops into your mind. This is exercising the Ni function.
What to know about those that are hard-wired for Introverted Intuition
- Synthesizes information, seeking to extract the deeper or ultimate meaning
- Identifies what is significant
- Generally works to understand things in the most complete way, grasping the gestalt
- Often knows what is needed or should be done before others start to contemplate the ideas
- Uses abstract symbols to explain
- May be unaware of physical surroundings, seemingly unaffected by temperature, aesthetics, etc.
- If inflated, may not know when to stop pursuing a concept to its ultimate limit. Therefore, never execute to plan or idea
What to know about training or educating those that are Introverted Intuition
- Seek out different points of view
- Often will synthesize information and provide a definitive summative assessment
- Maybe heedless of physical surroundings, seemingly unaffected by temperature, aesthetics, etc.
- Can be completely unaware of their surroundings or environment
- Bored with the details & prefer the big picture
Famous NI Types
- Isaac Newton (INTJ) – Physicist
- Friedrich Nietzsche (INTJ) – Philosopher
- Arnold Schwarzenegger (INTJ) – US Gov. & Actor
- James Cameron (INTJ) – Film Maker
- Carl Jung (INFJ) – Psychologist & father of Type
- Mahatma Gandhi (INFJ) – Peace Campaigner
- Thomas Jefferson (INFJ) – US Pres. & Author of the Declaration of Independence
- George Harrison (INFJ) – Musician
More From Michele
Introverted Feeling (FI) ISFJ - INFJ The function is making decisions based on your personal values and being concerned more with how things impact you personally than how the group is impacted. Uses personal, deeply held values to ensure an inner sense of...
Extraverted Feeling (FE) ESFJ - ENFJ The function is making decisions based on the value system that is concerned with the well-being of people. These values are more global and cultural than personal. The goal is to maintain group harmony. For...
Introverted Thinking (TI) ISTJ - INTJ The function is making decisions based on data, categories, and theories inside your mind. Analyzing & comparing systems with others make improvements. For example:The function is making decisions based on data,...