Introverted Feeling (FI)
ISFJ – INFJ
The function is making decisions based on your personal values and being concerned more with how things impact you personally than how the group is impacted. Uses personal, deeply held values to ensure an inner sense of tranquility
When we are empathizing with others, or feeling something emotionally ourselves, we are exercising the Fi function.
What to know about those that are hard-wired for Introverted Feeling
- Evaluates worth based on likes and dislikes
- Demands internal tranquility
- Can have a passionate idealism, constantly aware of the presence or absence of inner tranquility, and act in a way to increase or maintain the tranquil feeling
- Tends to intensely focus on core values and on ensuring that the richness and ideals of the inner world match the reality of the outer world
- If inflated, may refuse to compromise or to consider an alternative, even if it causes harm to others or to oneself, including callously removing an individual from one’s life and feeling no remorse.
What to know about training or educating those that are Introverted Feeling
- Tends to be endearingly accommodating, keeping one’s own wants and needs behind a virtual ‘wall’ to ensure protection of fragile values
- May sacrifice oneself for the cause, believing deep in one’s soul that its importance is beyond measure
- If inflated, may refuse to compromise or to consider an alternative, even if it causes harm to others or to oneself, including callously removing an individual from one’s life and feeling no remorse
- May feel an instant bond and kinship with another who focuses on deep values – unless the values threaten one’s own
Famous FI Types
- John Kerry (INFP) US Secretary of State
- J.K. Rowling (INFP) author of the Harry Potter series
- John Lennon (INFP) singer, songwriter, member of the Beatles
- Jonathan Ive (ISFP) leader designer at Apple
- Michael Jackson (ISFP) singer-songwriter
- Beyoncé (ISFP) singer-songwriter
More From Michele
Watch this video of my horse relaxing his head when I use a relaxation technique of deep cleansing exhalation. A horse will lower their head when they feel relaxed. Was I successful? Many of you that follow me know that one of the ways I “fill my soul” is...
With Valentine’s day approaching, I thought it would be timely to revisit Personality Types as they relate to relationships. The most common question I have received in all the years doing workshops and coaching on Personality Type and Emotional Intelligence in the...
If you are like most people, you have the best intentions to set a resolution for the New Year. However, sticking to it is a struggle. Or for some, even deciding what to resolve in the first place is a struggle. Here are some suggested focus areas for setting new...