Extraverted Sensing (SE)
ESTP – ESFP
The function when we are focusing our attention on the real and present world, using our 5 senses.
Listening to a dog bark. When our brain focuses on the sound of the dog barking, it is exercising Se function.
What to know about those that are hard-wired for Extraverted Sensing
- Acquires information by experiencing the physical world in the present moment
- Requires awareness of the physical environment in detail
- Requires engaging what is in the environment in a physical way
- Continually shifts engagement as excitement level shifts
- Recalls in a spatial context
- Seeks immediate feedback and interaction
- Moves freely through the physical environment seeking sensory stimuli to understand and interact with the world.
- Is often the life of the party, brightening and livening nearly any gathering.
- Maybe resourceful and practical in a crisis.
- Spontaneously reads people and situations, quickly picking up on the tone of voice and facial expressions, and responds at the moment.
- Study effectively alone or in a small, familiar group
What to know about training or educating those that are Extraverted Sensing
- Like to respond quickly without too much pondering
- Must be active, interesting, and applied to hold their attention
- Real-life examples help them to retain and understand
- Need to get up and move around in training
- Enjoy hands-on activities
- Memorize relevant facts and details
- Use colors, sounds, textures, and images to help them remember information
- Like variety and want to change learning activities frequently
- Be drawn to the most immediate task at hand
- Want to have fun and be playful
- Be entertaining and humorous
Famous SE Types
- Angelina Jolie (ESTP) Actress
- Madonna (ESTP) Singer, Entertainer
- Taylor Swift (ESTP) Singer-songwriter
- Bill Clinton (ESFP) U.S. President (D)
- Hugh Hefner (ESFP) Founder of Playboy Magazine
- Lady Gaga (ESFP) Singer-songwriter
More From Michele
Introverted Feeling (FI) ISFJ - INFJ The function is making decisions based on your personal values and being concerned more with how things impact you personally than how the group is impacted. Uses personal, deeply held values to ensure an inner sense of...
Extraverted Feeling (FE) ESFJ - ENFJ The function is making decisions based on the value system that is concerned with the well-being of people. These values are more global and cultural than personal. The goal is to maintain group harmony. For...
Introverted Thinking (TI) ISTJ - INTJ The function is making decisions based on data, categories, and theories inside your mind. Analyzing & comparing systems with others make improvements. For example:The function is making decisions based on data,...