Tips For Parenting The Introverted Child
- May need private time to recharge after school. Don’t go straight into lots of questions & long conversations. You will most likely get short answers
- Are more likely to share if given time & space to recharge. Once charged they may even be more open & chatty if discussing something they are interested in or familiar with.
- Need more time to reconcile new ideas with old ideas. Before excepting the change. They go quiet for the process. Allow for that space.
- Can be misinterpreted as stubborn, defiant, or lacking attention. Remember they are processing information. Allow pauses for that process.
- Less likely to take leadership in a group, especially if the instructions are unclear or the information is new.
- Will wait for pauses to contribute to the conversation. Be sure to create pauses that allow them to contribute.
To learn more about Personality Types and their functions,
register for a Personality Type workshop
Michele Burch Reid, MS, founder of LCI, is an Organizational Effectiveness & Personal Development Consultant and Coach. Michele has a master’s degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, as well as several certifications. She helps clients create overall satisfaction & potential by tapping into their natural strengths with Personality Type, Emotional Intelligence Training, Biofeedback & other Brain-based tools. Michele’s philosophy is that when you discover what inspires you, you can more easily inspire and lead others. Whether that is in the board room, the classroom, or the family room.
More From Michele
Introverted Feeling (FI) ISFJ - INFJ The function is making decisions based on your personal values and being concerned more with how things impact you personally than how the group is impacted. Uses personal, deeply held values to ensure an inner sense of...
Extraverted Feeling (FE) ESFJ - ENFJ The function is making decisions based on the value system that is concerned with the well-being of people. These values are more global and cultural than personal. The goal is to maintain group harmony. For...
Introverted Thinking (TI) ISTJ - INTJ The function is making decisions based on data, categories, and theories inside your mind. Analyzing & comparing systems with others make improvements. For example:The function is making decisions based on data,...