Tips For Parenting The Introverted Child
- May need private time to recharge after school. Don’t go straight into lots of questions & long conversations. You will most likely get short answers
- Are more likely to share if given time & space to recharge. Once charged they may even be more open & chatty if discussing something they are interested in or familiar with.
- Need more time to reconcile new ideas with old ideas. Before excepting the change. They go quiet for the process. Allow for that space.
- Can be misinterpreted as stubborn, defiant, or lacking attention. Remember they are processing information. Allow pauses for that process.
- Less likely to take leadership in a group, especially if the instructions are unclear or the information is new.
- Will wait for pauses to contribute to the conversation. Be sure to create pauses that allow them to contribute.
To learn more about Personality Types and their functions,
register for a Personality Type workshop
Michele Burch Reid, MS, founder of LCI, is an Organizational Effectiveness & Personal Development Consultant and Coach. Michele has a master’s degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, as well as several certifications. She helps clients create overall satisfaction & potential by tapping into their natural strengths with Personality Type, Emotional Intelligence Training, Biofeedback & other Brain-based tools. Michele’s philosophy is that when you discover what inspires you, you can more easily inspire and lead others. Whether that is in the board room, the classroom, or the family room.
More From Michele
1. “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation isnot to utter words, but to live by them.” — John F. Kennedy 2 "Gratitude is riches. Complain is poverty.” — Doris Day 3 “Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes...
Start a new project "D" styles are direct, decisive, and task-oriented. Avoid micromanaging everything or doing everything yourself, as this will raise your frustration level. Get yourself involved in a new project or think of new ways to optimize and delegate some of...
One of my favorite strategies to use for Organizational Effectiveness and Personal Development is Emotional Intelligence Training. Emotional Intelligence is a set of emotional and social skills that influence the way we perceive and express ourselves, develop and...