Introverted Thinking (TI)
ISTJ – INTJ
The function is making decisions based on data, categories, and theories inside your mind. Analyzing & comparing systems with others make improvements.
What to know about those that are hard-wired for Introverted Thinking
- Need to understand things down to deepest level
- Tend to use precise language
- Frustrated when others misuse language or terminology
- Analyze free of emotion
- Use logic to problem solve
- Use the stored information to compare and discover imperfections in models
- Known for creating or inventing entirely new systems, models & theories
- If inflated, one might become more concerned with considering how the decision will be made and thinking about all the “what ifs” than with looking at the end result.
What to know about training or educating those that are Introverted Thinking
- Tend to frustrate others because they see short cuts, and take them
- Take new information and test it against stored information and models to see if it fits.
- Information is stored in categories and models
- Can learn complex theories and then apply them
Famous TI Types
- Albert Einstein (INTP) scientist
- Charles Darwin (INTP) scientist
- Larry Page (INTP) Google co-founder
- Tina Fey (INTP) comedy writer and actress
- Simon Cowell (ISTP) Judge on American Idol
- Bruce Lee (ISTP) Martial arts expert and actor
- Tom Cruise (ISTP) action movie star
More From Michele
With Valentine’s day approaching, I thought it would be timely to revisit Personality Types as they relate to relationships. The most common question I have received in all the years doing workshops and coaching on Personality Type and Emotional Intelligence in the...
If you are like most people, you have the best intentions to set a resolution for the New Year. However, sticking to it is a struggle. Or for some, even deciding what to resolve in the first place is a struggle. Here are some suggested focus areas for setting new...
Introverted Feeling (FI) ISFJ - INFJ The function is making decisions based on your personal values and being concerned more with how things impact you personally than how the group is impacted. Uses personal, deeply held values to ensure an inner sense of...