Extraverted Sensing: Se
The function when we are focusing our attention on the real & present world, using our 5 senses.
For example: Listening to a dog bark. When our brain focuses
on the sound of the dog barking, it is exercising Se function.
For some, this is there home base. Their dominant function.
I like to refer to as their super hero power
What to know about those that are hard wired for Extraverted Sensing
- Acquires information by experiencing the physical world in the present moment
- Requires awareness of the physical environment in detail
- Requires engaging what is in the environment in a physical way
- Continually shifts engagement as excitement level shifts
- Recalls in spatial context
- Seeks immediate feedback and interaction
- Moves freely through the physical environment seeking sensory stimuli to understand and interact with the world.
- Is often the life of the party, brightening and livening nearly any gathering.
- Maybe resourceful and practical in a crisis.
- Spontaneously reads people and situations, quickly picking up on the tone of voice and facial expressions, and responds in the moment.
- Study effectively alone or in a small, familiar group
What to know about training or educating those that are Extraverted Sensing
- Like to respond quickly without too much pondering
- Must be active, interesting, and applied to hold their attention
- Real-life examples helps them to retain and understand
- Need to get up and move around in training
- Enjoy hands-on activities
- Memorize relevant facts and details
- Use colors, sounds, textures, and images to help them remember information
- Like variety and want to change learning activities frequently
- Be drawn to the most immediate task at hand
- Want to have fun and be playful
- Be entertaining and humorous
FAMOUS Se TYPES
- Angelina Jolie (ESTP) Actress
- Madonna (ESTP) Singer, Entertainer
- Taylor Swift (ESTP) Singer-songwriter
- Bill Clinton (ESFP) U.S. President (D)
- Hugh Hefner (ESFP) Founder of Playboy Magazine
- Lady Gaga (ESFP) Singer-songwriter
To learn more about Personality Types and their functions,
register for a Personality Type workshop
Michele Burch Reid, MS, founder of LCI, is an Organizational Effectiveness & Personal Development Consultant and Coach. Michele has a master’s degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, as well as several certifications. She helps clients create overall satisfaction & potential by tapping into their natural strengths with Personality Type, Emotional Intelligence Training, Biofeedback & other Brain-based tools. Michele’s philosophy is that when you discover what inspires you, you can more easily inspire and lead others. Whether that is in the board room, the classroom, or the family room.