Extraverted Intuition (NE)
ENTP – ENFP
“What IT MEANS”
The function when we are focusing our attention on the multiple possibilities. Making connections & patterns between items in our external world. These possibilities are sparked by our external world.
Rapid brainstorming. When our brain focuses on generating ideas without constraint to seek improvement on what is, it is exercising Ne function.
What to know about those that are hard-wired for Introverted Sensing
- Often has one’s antennae up for all manner of ideas, especially the newest
- May find it easy to shift thoughts from one idea to another
- May verbally outflow ideas and possibilities
- May continuously make remote associations between disparate topics
- One’s flexibility can seem like apathy and irresponsibility to others and a lack of commitment or compassion
- If inflated, may overwhelm others with verbosity —abundance, and speed of diverse ideas
What to know about training or educating those that are Introverted Sensing
- Like lots of stimulation
- Integrate information from a variety of sources
- Improvise rather than prepare extensively
- Be easily bored with details
- Need variety and change to keep their interest level high
- Resist structure and test rules or challenge authority
- Like to start things more than follow things through to completion
- Like to initiate new ideas and seek change, Think out loud
- Like group work…Want to discuss information
- Share and build on ideas
- Enjoy brainstorming and visioning
- Seek out different points of view
Famous NE Types
- Benjamin Franklin (ENTP) – inventor, writer, publisher, diplomat
- Steve Wozniak (ENTP) – co-founder of Apple Computer
- Bill Maher (ENTP) – political talk show host
- Tom Hanks (ENTP) – actor, movie producer
- Julian Assange (ENFP) – outspoken founder of Wiki Leaks
- Arianna Huffington (ENFP) – outspoken founder of Huffington Post
- Ellen DeGeneres (ENFP) – talk show host
- Rachel Maddow (ENFP) – talk show host
More From Michele
With Valentine’s day approaching, I thought it would be timely to revisit Personality Types as they relate to relationships. The most common question I have received in all the years doing workshops and coaching on Personality Type and Emotional Intelligence in the...
If you are like most people, you have the best intentions to set a resolution for the New Year. However, sticking to it is a struggle. Or for some, even deciding what to resolve in the first place is a struggle. Here are some suggested focus areas for setting new...
Introverted Feeling (FI) ISFJ - INFJ The function is making decisions based on your personal values and being concerned more with how things impact you personally than how the group is impacted. Uses personal, deeply held values to ensure an inner sense of...