Extraverted Feeling (FE)
ESFJ – ENFJ
The function is making decisions based on the value system that is concerned with the well-being of people. These values are more global and cultural than personal. The goal is to maintain group harmony.
When we organize and help a group, such as planning an event that others will enjoy, we are exercising the Fe function.
What to know about those that are hard-wired for Extraverted Feeling
- Creates group harmony
- May anticipate, coordinate, and manage the needs of all members of a given social group.
- Shows interest in another’s life
- Validates and connects harmoniously
- Often fluently interacts with others so as to accomplish goals that serve the best interests of all concerned
- Often works to engage the trust of others so as to create harmony and mitigate conflict in the group
- May support peoples’ strengths to bring out the best
- Can put others’ needs ahead of own, at great cost to self, if it will serve the greater good
- If inflated, relationships can become co-dependent
What to know about training or educating those that are Extraverted Feeling
- Focus on interaction and communication
- Dislike situations in which people are challenged or uncomfortable
- Want to be appreciated and supported
- Make sure everyone is included and accepted
- Coordinate people to complete tasks and projects
Famous FE Types
- Larry King (ESFJ) – talk show host
- Barbara Walters (ESFJ) – talk show host
- Elton John (ESFJ) – songwriter
- Whitney Houston (ESFJ) – singer
- Shania Twain (ESFJ) – singer-songwriter
- Woody Harrelson (ESFJ)- Actor
- Martin Luther King Jr. (ENFJ) civil rights leader
- Ronald Reagan (ENFJ) – US President
- Oprah Winfrey (ENFJ) – talk show host
More From Michele
With Valentine’s day approaching, I thought it would be timely to revisit Personality Types as they relate to relationships. The most common question I have received in all the years doing workshops and coaching on Personality Type and Emotional Intelligence in the...
If you are like most people, you have the best intentions to set a resolution for the New Year. However, sticking to it is a struggle. Or for some, even deciding what to resolve in the first place is a struggle. Here are some suggested focus areas for setting new...
Introverted Feeling (FI) ISFJ - INFJ The function is making decisions based on your personal values and being concerned more with how things impact you personally than how the group is impacted. Uses personal, deeply held values to ensure an inner sense of...