Personality Type & Relationships- ESTJ
Understanding your personality type and the type of those around you can improve communication, relationships, intimacy, team, and organizational productivity, employee engagement & retention, satisfaction, enjoyment & happiness, and so much more.
To discover your personality Myers-Briggs personality type click on
ESTJs tend to:
- want to be part of leading the relationship
- be practical & realistic in making decisions
- protect those they love, which can be misinterpreted as authoritative by their partner
- see it as their duty to tell their partner or children what to do as a way of protecting them
- want to be responsible & provide stability in the relationship
- express romance for more practical reasons (although they can be romantic, they will be more practical about it.)
- expect sex as a way of making peace, regarding it as separate from or unconnected to an argument
- sexually robust, enthusiastic, and athletic
- trust their thoughts & beliefs. Therefore, they may continue to express their thoughts believing that if they make themselves clear enough, others will surely see, & agree to their point
- set high standards for themselves and their romantic partner
- give approval and affirmation when they are happy or impressed with their mate’s behavior. (which can be trusted as they value truth & honesty at all costs)
- gladly perform their duties in life, and want to be appreciated for doing so.
- commit for life. Never lose their energy for commitment & protecting those they love
ESTJs value in their partners & children:
- loyalty and commitment
- demonstrations of respect
- balance and management of emotions
- appreciation for who they are
- obedience to the established and agreed upon family rules and values
- honesty; as facts and truth are critical for their understanding and ability to function
- gratitude – This is the greatest gift that their mates can give them.
To learn more about Introverts and other Myers-Briggs functions,
register for a Personality Type workshop
About the author
Michele Burch Reid, MA, founder of LCI, is an Organizational Effectiveness & Personal Development Consultant and Coach. Michele has a master’s degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, as well as several certifications. She helps clients create overall satisfaction & potential by tapping into their natural strengths with Personality Type, Emotional Intelligence Training, Biofeedback & other Brain-based tools. Michele’s philosophy is that when you discover what inspires you, you can more easily inspire and lead others. Whether that is in the board room, the class room, or family room.