Personality Type & Relationships- ISFJ
Personality Type & Relationships
ISFJs tend to:
- be committed to their relationships
- seek monogamous, lifelong commitments
- put all of the blame on their own shoulders
- be “true blue” lovers, and may even remain faithful to their deceased partners
- be very selfless, and to put the needs of others well before their own needs
- put forth tremendous amounts of energy & time into doing what they feel is their duty
- not express their feelings until pushed to some limit, which may result in blurting out things they later wish to take back
- be highly invested in the health of their relationships, and will work very hard to make things run smoothly
- find life interesting & not easily bored
- maintain their homes with everything in it’s place
- NOT need to control the relationship
ISFJs value in their partners:
- expression of their love and appreciation
- stick to traditions
Jane. H. Jones, Ed.d & Ruth G. Sherman, PhD, (2011). Intimacy and Type. Center For Applications of Type. Gainesville, FL.
BSM Consulting (2012). Personality and Relationships.
To learn more about Introverts and other Myers-Briggs functions,
register for a Personality Type workshop at Legacy Consulting Institute Workshops
About the author
Michele Burch Reid, MA, founder of LCI, is an Organizational Effectiveness & Personal Development Consultant and Coach. Michele has a master’s degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, as well as several certifications. She helps clients create overall satisfaction & potential by tapping into their natural strengths with Personality Type, Emotional Intelligence Training, Biofeedback & other Brain-based tools. Michele’s philosophy is that when you discover what inspires you, you can more easily inspire and lead others. Whether that is in the board room, the class room, or family room.
More From Michele
The Impact of Play on Our Mental Health
Playtime? Seriously, for adults? Isn’t that being lazy? Isn’t that for the retired or for kids? Studies show that having regular segments of playtime can have a strong positive contribution to our mental health. Especially, nonconstructive playtime. What is meant by...
Creating A Relaxed State Of Being For Yourself And Others
Watch this video of my horse relaxing his head when I use a relaxation technique of deep cleansing exhalation. A horse will lower their head when they feel relaxed. Was I successful? Many of you that follow me know that one of the ways I “fill my soul” is...
What’s the best personality type match for my romantic relationship?
With Valentine’s day approaching, I thought it would be timely to revisit Personality Types as they relate to relationships. The most common question I have received in all the years doing workshops and coaching on Personality Type and Emotional Intelligence in the...