Personality Type & Relationships- ISFJ
Personality Type & Relationships
ISFJs tend to:
- be committed to their relationships
- seek monogamous, lifelong commitments
- put all of the blame on their own shoulders
- be “true blue” lovers, and may even remain faithful to their deceased partners
- be very selfless, and to put the needs of others well before their own needs
- put forth tremendous amounts of energy & time into doing what they feel is their duty
- not express their feelings until pushed to some limit, which may result in blurting out things they later wish to take back
- be highly invested in the health of their relationships, and will work very hard to make things run smoothly
- find life interesting & not easily bored
- maintain their homes with everything in it’s place
- NOT need to control the relationship
ISFJs value in their partners:
- expression of their love and appreciation
- stick to traditions
Jane. H. Jones, Ed.d & Ruth G. Sherman, PhD, (2011). Intimacy and Type. Center For Applications of Type. Gainesville, FL.
BSM Consulting (2012). Personality and Relationships.
About the author
Michele Burch Reid, MA, founder of LCI, is an Organizational Effectiveness & Personal Development Consultant and Coach. Michele has a master’s degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, as well as several certifications. She helps clients create overall satisfaction & potential by tapping into their natural strengths with Personality Type, Emotional Intelligence Training, Biofeedback & other Brain-based tools. Michele’s philosophy is that when you discover what inspires you, you can more easily inspire and lead others. Whether that is in the board room, the class room, or family room.
More From Michele
Introverted Feeling (FI) ISFJ - INFJ The function is making decisions based on your personal values and being concerned more with how things impact you personally than how the group is impacted. Uses personal, deeply held values to ensure an inner sense of...
Extraverted Feeling (FE) ESFJ - ENFJ The function is making decisions based on the value system that is concerned with the well-being of people. These values are more global and cultural than personal. The goal is to maintain group harmony. For...
Introverted Thinking (TI) ISTJ - INTJ The function is making decisions based on data, categories, and theories inside your mind. Analyzing & comparing systems with others make improvements. For example:The function is making decisions based on data,...