Personality Type & Relationships
ESFJs tend to:
- highly value their close personal relationships
- be very service-oriented
- find their own happiness is closely tied to the happiness & comfort of those around them
- be warm people who give their intimate relationships a lot of special care & attention
- put forth every effort to fulfill their obligations to the relationship
- put much energy into creating harmony in the home
- want a home that is well maintained and furnished
- value family traditions, as well as tradition in holidays
- give feedback & encouragement freely, enjoy receiving the same in return
ESFJs value in their partners:
- share in their social experiences
- warm communication
- appreciation for who they are
Jane. H. Jones, Ed.d & Ruth G. Sherman, PhD, (2011). Intimacy and Type. Center For Applications of Type. Gainesville, FL.
BSM Consulting (2012). Personality and Relationships.
To learn more about Personality Types and their functions,
register for a Personality Type workshop
Michele Burch Reid, MS, founder of LCI, is an Organizational Effectiveness & Personal Development Consultant and Coach. Michele has a master’s degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, as well as several certifications. She helps clients create overall satisfaction & potential by tapping into their natural strengths with Personality Type, Emotional Intelligence Training, Biofeedback & other Brain-based tools. Michele’s philosophy is that when you discover what inspires you, you can more easily inspire and lead others. Whether that is in the board room, the class room, or family room.